Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moving

Dear Cordie,

We've been talking to you a lot lately about moving and building a new house and what that will be like so that you are excited for it and prepared when it happens. So far, you are taking it in stride. You did have a little concern last week (out of nowhere) about whether or not I'd allow you to get all new craft supplies for the new house. You and Rach seem to have to be reminded over and over that we're bringing everything with us.

Your bestest friend at school is still Ava. On Tuesday, you were very excited to show her your newly painted fingernails and then you told her that you're moving to a new house. I'm not quite sure how the conversation went since I wasn't there, but Ava went home quite distraught and told her mother (through sobs) that she no longer wanted to go to preschool because you were moving and wouldn't be there anymore. Her mom called Teacher Terry, who called me to ask when we were moving and why she was asking. I assured her that you were not moving anytime soon and that you would be at preschool right up until the end of the year. Poor Ava.

I love that you have a sweet friend who cares so much about you and I love imagining the little talks the two of you have. I wish we could take her with us when we move or at least that you're able to find more friends just like her.

Love Mommy

1 comment: