Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dear Cordelia

Hi Angel,
You are sitting in your booster seat looking at me with your big blue eyes while I type this. You have a gross mess of your breakfast that you are delightfully playing in. There is milk, cereal, and juice all mixed up in a cup, bowl and face cloth. Now you're drinking it with a spoon, which would seem disgusting, but you're giving me your secret smile with your lips pressed tightly together and announcing, "Nilk! Nilk!"

Since the moment I found out you were a girl, I worried about you being the middle child, the second girl. When we found out that Kingsley was a boy, and a boy with Spina Bifida no less, I worried even more that you would get lost in our family the way I often felt in my own. But you are anything but lost here. You are my crazy, delicious little Strawberry Bug and I want to tell you all about you.

Love Mommy

1 comment: