Sunday, April 25, 2010

Your NickNames

Dear Cordelia,

I blame your Grandpa for all of your nicknames. He had so many for me and Auntie Kristi and Uncle David growing up and it was just natural for me to give you a bunch, too. Your Daddy used to worry that you kids would never respond to your own name because I rarely used it.  Here is where your current names came from:

CC: This was your very first nickname.  Nana and Grandpa didn't like your name when I first told it to them. It was a bit out there for them. So, Grandpa came up with CC which are obviously your initials. He calls you this and sometimes other people like Rachel will as well.

Miss C: another one from your initials. Little Miss C was what I called  you a lot in the first months before Bug came along.

Bug, Bugs, Buggaboo, Buggie: I think this came from your first Halloween when we dressed you up as a caterpillar. You were such a cute litte bug.  I guess it just stuck.  The rest of the Bug names just expanded from that. Oddly though, you are currently TERRIFIED of bugs. All bugs. You freeze in terror and burst into tears whenever you notice a bee or wasp or fly, literally shaking until it goes away. Breaks my heart. I think it's because last summer you were stung by two wasps and somewhere you must remember this, although you were barely 1 and can't possibly really remember it.

Cor, Cordie, CorBear, Delia, DeeliBug: these are all versions of your name. I was sure I'd call you Delia once you were born, but I don't all the time. It didn't suit you as a baby and I'm still not sure it does. Maybe when you're older.

Cordie Bean, CorBean, Bean: this came from your second nanny, Ali. She started calling you Bean which is what my nickname is. It fits for you since you're a second/middle child just like me! And it sounds cute.

The Marvelous Cormelia: Rachel called you this and it somehow stuck. She shuts you out of a room, then dramatically opens the door and yells: "It's the Marvelous! Cormeeeeeeeeelia!!" It makes you laugh so now I find myself calling you The Marvelous Cormelia at random times.

Strawberry Bug: this is another of your new names. You look just gorgeous in pink with your pink cheeks and red hair. Just like a strawberry. And Grandpa recently sent me a video about strawberry bugs, so it turns out they're a real thing. You are far cuter than the real bugs though.

Love Mommy

1 comment:

  1. The Marvelous Cormelia! BEST story on here! Love it!
    and I do love your wee Strawberry Bug too!

    ReplyDelete